Nature keeps open house every day, and we have good housing facilities and vacant jobs

Work- and Residence Permit

Your country of origin is of vital importance when looking at the rules governing work- and residence permit in Ringkøbing-Skjern Municipality or anywhere else in Denmark.


Nordic Citizens

Citizens from other Nordic countries are free to move to Denmark to work, study, or just stay in the country. All you need to do is to register in the CPR Registry (Civil Registration Number), when you work here for more than three months.

The rules apply to all citizens in the Nordic countries, which - besides Denmark - are: Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland.


EU/EEA Citizens and Swiss Citizens

According to EU rules about the free movement of labour between countries, citizens in the EU/EEA and Switzerland are free to go to Denmark to work or seek work. For a period of up to 6 months, you need not be in possession of a residence permit, but if - from the outset - you plan to work for more than three months in Denmark it will be an advantage for you to register and obtain a Civil Registration Number at once.

EU citizens are citizens from Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus (only Greek-Cypriot area), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Great Britain, Sweden, The Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, and Austria.

EEA citizens are citizens from Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. However, in this connection, if you come from Norway you must look at the rules applicable to the Nordic citizens. Citizens from Switzerland are assessed according to the same rules as those of EU and EEA citizens.


Citizens from other Countries outside the Nordic countries and the EU/EEA

Special and more complicated rules apply to citizens from countries outside the Nordic countries and the EU/EEA to come to Denmark to work.

If you possess special qualifications required by the Danish companies it may, however, be easier, but for all citizens outside the Nordic countries and the EU/EEA an application in advance for a work- and residence permit must be submitted, before they can move to Denmark and start working. However, you may visit Denmark by applying for a tourist visa.

Iwona and Jarek

Polish family:

Nature and good conditions for the children are crucial

It is first and foremost the good conditions for the children and the clean and beautiful nature that Iwona and Jarek emphasize when expressing why they have chosen to settle in Ringkøbing-Skjern Municipality in Denmark. In the past two years Iwona and Jarek have been living in the village of Finderup together with their joint child Diego and Jarek’s son Manuel and his daughter Karolina.

”The child-care facilities here are simply so good. They do so much for the development of children. For instance, they are allowed to cook and do woodwork when they can handle a knife– even though it may be a little dangerous. Besides, they also spend a lot of time in nature. In all sorts of weather. It is so healthy for them”, says Iwona who is also really happy with the schools.

”However, the best thing is that you exist to live here – which means that you don’t just constantly work, but you work in order to also live in your spare time”, says Iwona, and Jarek agrees. That was the very reason why he came to Denmark to work, since - as a self-employed motor mechanic with his own construction firm - he just worked and worked without earning sufficient to live on. On top of that he did not have any spare time whatsoever.


Iwona og Jarek - Read the full story here


Johanna and Malte

German family:

Good working conditions leaving room for a family life close to the North Sea

The North Sea. Proper wages – on time – and working conditions leaving room for a good family life with children. Those are the really big advantages pointed out by the German couple Malte and Johanna Mayrberger when moving from the city of Berlin to the seaport of Hvide Sande. Well yes – into the bargain is also the possibility of buying your own house and the fact that people are friendly and polite.

”We would never have been able to buy a house in Germany. You need to provide a down payment of half the price to obtain a loan for the remaining, and yet it is very difficult and sometimes impossible to qualify for a mortgage,” Malte explains, and Johanna adds:

”At any rate we would not have been able to afford having a child, a car, going on holidays, which we do every year, and have time for leisure activities.”

Malte and Johanna moved to Hvide Sande on the 1st November nine years ago and have settled in fine. 

Johanne and Malte - Read the full story here